Feeling kinda stuck on how to create this whole ‘brand identity’ thing? Don’t stress. Sometimes all it takes is a simple brainstorming session. 🧠
Start with the following questions: ⠀
- Why did you start this business❓⠀
- What’s your special something❓⠀
- What do you do better than anyone else❓
- What beliefs are important to your company❓⠀
Once you get rolling with the list above, it’s time to level up and get a little bit deeper. Understanding what makes you tick is important, but visualizing how you want your customers to think of you is what will help you understand where you need to go. It’s like having the vehicle ready (fuel, oil, the air in the tires) and now you’re ready to map out the next part of your brand’s journey.
Reread the answers from the questions and then ask yourself the following:
- If you could describe your brand in three words, what would they be?
- What are three words you want your customers to use to describe you?
The long term goal is to make “branding” into a quantifiable metric for which you can show concrete results. The colours, fonts and logo you choose are not going to help with this.
I’ve spent a lot of time talking about other brands, so I figured it was time to share a little more about 250marketing.
Q: Why did I start 250marketing?
I knew I had the skills needed to help people (a) build their online presence and (b) teach them how to create a marketing strategy that would serve them long term. It was hard knowing that people thought of online marketing as mysterious and I watched a lot of people get frustrated trying to sift through all the ‘free advice’. Because there was a lack of understanding, I saw a lot of people miss very real business opportunities.
Q: What’s that special something 250marketing has that others don’t?
- Branding: Finding your voice and defining your brand is essential. Watch your marketing initiatives come to life by analyzing who your brand is speaking to and how you can deliver a message with impact. This will carry throughout your copy, paid ads, social media and print material.
- Growth: Understanding who’s doing what and how your team will get to the next level is key to the success of your business. I work with early & mid-stage startups to design, build, & execute their marketing strategies. To help you grow, I focus on creating processes that scale and tech integrations.
What beliefs are important to 250marketing?
- A thorough strategy always comes before building the creative;
- Talking about tactics is good, but measuring metrics is better;
- Accepting ongoing patterns & circumstances is an excuse.
Q: What’s does 250marketing do better than anyone else?
- Understanding the business goals (and challenges);
- Building stronger marketing teams who are pumped on stronger marketing campaigns;
- Finding data-driven solutions instead of problems.
Whew, glad we’ve gotten to know each other a bit better.
After working as a marketing strategist for more than seven years, I can quickly tell when there’s a missing part of the foundation and what we’ll need to put in place to make sure things move forward. Here’s how I would describe this brand in three words:
What are three words I’d like people to use when describing 250marketing?
Want to learn more about 250marketing or how we could work together? Contact me here.